Harms Elementary is appreciative to have the Inside Out Poetry program for the 4th and 5th grades both during and after school. Mr. Barker’s 4th grade class and Mr. Zielke’s 5th grade meet on Fridays with Harms’s resident poet, Ms. Lauren Clark. She is teaching the students various poetry writing techniques as well as the different forms of poetry. At the end of the project, each student will be published in a book of Harms Poetry. The Inside Out Poetry program was made possible because of very generous gifts.
Stay Up to Date
- Harms Hawks Lego Robotics Team wins!
- 5th Annual SAE International Motorized Toy Car Competition
- 7 Detroit Public Schools honored by Mackinac Center as Top 100 schools in the state
- Harms Lego Robotics Team wins “Innovative Solution Award”
- Harms fourth grader Veronica Gonzalez annual Bookstock writing contest winner